Thursday, January 13th
|| Thursday - Jan 13, 2011
|| 3:00pm - 6:00pm EDT
|| Oracle Office
520 Madison Avenue
New York, NY
| Closest Subways:
|| Lexington Ave - 53rd St Station - (E, V)
5th Ave - 53rd St Station - (E, V)
51st St Station - (4, 6)
| Sneak Peek - Next generation Oracle Enterprise Management Pack for Coherence
| Rao Bhethanabotla (speaker bio) Senior Development Manager (Oracle)
In this talk Rao, Senior Development Manager at Oracle, outlines some of the enhancements being prepared for the next release of the Coherence Management Pack for Oracle Enterprise Manager, including much requested features like;
- Enhanced Cache Data Management - view, export, import, insert, update, purge, add/remove indexes
- Enhanced Coherence Management - add clusters, nodes and cache targets to the console and create necessary associations
- Topology Viewer - Show all Coherence targets and also its related targets in Topology Viewer.
- Configuration Metrics Support - Store configuration metrics in EM and provide comparison support
- Metric Palette Integration - Pick and draw any metric on any Coherence Mbean. You can overlap Coherence metrics and related target metrics etc. For example, you can plot an application metric, cache metric, node metric, host metric etc in one chart.
- JVM Diagnostics - Drill down in to a Coherence node's JVM to see what method/thread is causing delay. With proper integration with JVMD (AD4J), we can drill down even up to SQL queries to database.
- Log file alerts - set up alerts based on a pattern on a log file.
- Push Replication - support for publishers and subscribers
- Txn cache support - support for transactional cache.
- Reap session support - Showing reap session metrics
- Coherence DP enhancements - updating Coherence nodes with configuration files with out bringing down the cluster, WKA support etc.
If you manage a Coherence-based system in production, this talk shouldn't be missed. It's a great opportunity to talk with, provide feedback and discuss Coherence Management and Monitoring directly with the Oracle Enterprise Management Product Management team.
| How To Build a Coherence Practice
| Craig Blitz (speaker bio) Senior Principal Product Manager (Oracle)
Congratulations on your decision to buy Oracle Coherence. We believe you have chosen an excellent product. Now the hard work begins. To help you get the most out of Coherence from both a project and enterprise perspective, this talk will introduce you to resources available from Oracle and through the Coherence ecosystem. The talk will also discuss best organizational practices you can implement to ensure success with Coherence. The speaker will use his significant experience with customers' Coherence deployment to show what works and what doesn't in practice.
| The Coherence Transactions Framework
| Thomas Beerbower (speaker bio) Principal Member Technical Staff (Oracle)
Coherence 3.6 introduced a new transaction framework. Tom Beerbower, principle member of technical staff on the Coherence development team , will present an overview of the new framework, including transactional caches and connections, optimistic transaction support, the recovery manager, and resource adapter. The talk will also delve into some of the design considerations faced when implementing the new framework.
Please email the NYCSIG to register for this event.
Your Full name and Company name are required for building security.
|Call For Speakers|
The NYCSIG is looking for speakers. Do you have an interesting Coherence implementation you can show or discuss? Please let us know if you're interested in speaking or if there is a topic you would like to see presented at our next meeting.
Contact NYCSIG with any comments or questions.